Free Estimates (256) 269-4800
Retaining Walls Capshaw AL 35749
Free Estimates (256) 269-4800
Retaining Wall Contractor Capshaw AL – Mitchell’s Landscaping
Mitchell’s Landscaping is a premier retaining wall contractor located in the Capshaw AL area. We have been in business for many years and have a proven track record of success. We are known for our high-quality work, our commitment to customer service, and our competitive prices.
What is a Retaining Wall?
A retaining wall is a structure that is built to hold back soil or rock. Retaining walls are commonly used to create terraces, prevent erosion, and support landscaping features.
There are many different types of retaining walls, including:
- Concrete retaining walls: Concrete retaining walls are the most durable and long-lasting type of retaining wall.
- Block retaining walls: Block retaining walls are made of concrete blocks that are stacked on top of each other. Block retaining walls are less expensive to build than concrete retaining walls.
- Brick retaining walls: Brick retaining walls are made of bricks that are stacked on top of each other. Brick retaining walls are the least expensive type of retaining wall to build.
Benefits of Retaining Walls
There are many benefits to having a retaining wall built on your property, including:
- Prevent erosion: Retaining walls can help to prevent erosion by holding back soil and rock. This is especially important in areas that are prone to flooding or landslides.
- Create terraces: Retaining walls can be used to create terraces on your property. This can help to improve the drainage of your property and create more usable space.
- Support landscaping features: Retaining walls can be used to support landscaping features, such as flower beds, trees, and shrubs. This can help to create a more attractive and inviting outdoor space.
Why use Mitchell’s Landscaping for your Retaining Wall project?
There are many reasons why you should choose Mitchell’s Landscaping for your retaining wall construction needs. Here are just a few:
- We are licensed and insured.
- We have a team of experienced and qualified professionals.
- We use only the highest quality materials.
- We offer competitive prices.
- We are committed to customer satisfaction.
If you are looking for a retaining wall company in Capshaw AL, please don’t hesitate to contact Mitchell’s Landscaping at (256) 269-4800. We would be happy to answer any questions you have and to provide you with a free estimate. We are confident that you will be happy with our services. Contact us today to learn more about how we can help you with your retaining wall installation or repair project.
Capshaw, Alabama is an unincorporated community in eastern Limestone County, Alabama, United States. It is located at the intersection of Capshaw, Sanderson and NW Dupree Worthey Roads. It is now mostly a part of Huntsville with the southern portion near Highway 72 being part of Madison City.
The population of Capshaw is estimated to be around 4,359 people, according to the 2023 census. The population has grown steadily in recent years, due in part to the proximity to Huntsville and Madison.
Race and Ethnicity
Capshaw is a predominantly white community, with over 73% of the population identifying as white. The community’s racial and ethnic makeup is as follows:
- White: 73.4%
- Black or African American: 17.5%
- Two or More Races: 4.4%
- Hispanic or Latino: 3.3%
- Asian: 1.0%
- Native American: 0.6%
The median age in Capshaw is 42.0 years old, which is slightly higher than the median age of the state of Alabama (41.3 years old). The community has a relatively young population, with over 22% of the population under the age of 18.
The gender breakdown of Capshaw is relatively even, with 52.1% male and 47.9% female residents.
The median household income in Capshaw is $105,542, which is significantly higher than the median household income for the state of Alabama ($37,428). The community has a relatively high-income population, with over 40% of households earning more than $100,000 per year.
The unemployment rate in Capshaw is 4.5%, which is significantly lower than the unemployment rate for the state of Alabama (6.1%). The community has a relatively low unemployment rate, and the majority of residents are employed in high-paying jobs.
Capshaw is a well-educated community. Over 90% of adults in the community have a high school diploma, and over 25% have a bachelor’s degree or higher. The most common educational institutions attended by Capshaw residents are the University of Alabama in Huntsville, Auburn University, and Calhoun Community College.
Capshaw is a predominantly Christian community. Over 80% of residents identify as Christian. The most common religious denominations in Capshaw are Baptist, Methodist, and Presbyterian.
Trends in the Demographics of Capshaw
The demographics of Capshaw have changed significantly in recent years. The population of the community has grown steadily, and the median age has increased slightly. The racial and ethnic makeup of the community has remained relatively stable, with white residents continuing to make up the majority of the population.
The median household income in Capshaw has increased significantly in recent years, and the unemployment rate has decreased significantly. The community has become increasingly well-educated, and the majority of residents are employed in high-paying jobs.
Implications of the Demographics of Capshaw
The demographics of Capshaw have several implications for the community. The growing population and the young median age indicate that the community is thriving. The high household income and low unemployment rate indicate that the community has a strong economy. The well-educated population indicates that the community is well-positioned for the future.
However, the demographics of Capshaw also indicate some challenges. The community is predominantly white, and there is a small but growing minority population. This could lead to racial tensions and divisions in the future. Additionally, the high median household income could make it difficult for low- and moderate-income residents to afford housing and other basic necessities.
Recommendations for Capshaw
Based on the demographics of Capshaw, the following recommendations are made:
- The community should invest in its schools to accommodate the growing number of students.
- The community should work to attract new businesses and industries to create jobs and boost the local economy.
- The community should address the issue of racial division by promoting understanding and cooperation between different racial groups.
- The community should work to provide affordable housing and other basic necessities for low- and moderate-income residents.
Despite the challenges facing Capshaw, the community has a number of strengths. The community is growing, young, and well-educated. Additionally, Capshaw has a strong economy and a high median household income. By addressing the challenges it faces, Capshaw can continue to thrive in the years to come.